Asking the right questions is key to finding the right financial advisor. These questions are just a starting point. A good relationship takes work and communication from both parties. It is better to look for more clarity up front than to second guess later.
Here is our answers to our top seven questions:
- What is your long-term continuity plan?
- There is a reason there is six of us. We operate as a three groups of two, so in case something happens to me, Paul Norman will be aware of your situation and will be able to help. (He would also join us on our next deep dive discussion.
- Are your recommendations truly in my best interest and how do I know?
- We are a registered fee-only registered investment advisors with a fiduciary responsibility to act in your best interest. But more importantly we will explain our decisions and actions so that we can find agreement to act in your best interest.
- Can you tell me more about how you invest and plan personally?
- Plain and simple we eat our own cooking. Your investments look like our personal and family investments. Our goal is to help you reach your goals with the lowest risk possible, and when there are big goals to take strategic risks to reach them. (Keep in mind that most money managers do not invest in their own funds https://www.morningstar.com/articles/690600/why-you-should-invest-with-managers-who-eat-their-own-cooking)
- How often will I hear from you and what is the best way to reach you?
- The phone lines are always open, feel free to call anytime with questions. We have a monthly newsletter that is emailed with current financial planning topics. At a minimum we will sit down, or over zoom, once a year to review however complex situations we will meet according to your comfort level.
- What financial problems will you help me solve and how have you done that for your current clients?
- We are wholistic planners meaning we will look at your estate documents (your will and trust), your tax burdens, and investment plan. We plan to minimize taxes and improve investment performance. Our clients range in size from just starting out to tens of millions. In addition we coordinate with your other financial professionals to ease the burden of implementation because the cost of a mistake is too high.
- What happens when we disagree?
- At the end of the day it is your money. We will clarify and adjust to meet your needs and will be direct if we believe the decisions you are making are taking you away from your long term goals.
- How do you get paid and where can it be found?
- We charge monthly in arrears. Meaning, every month there is a deduction taken from your account based off the previous month balance. That way we grow with you and feel the pain of a bad market. This allows you to decide each month if we are worth the cost.
The commentary on this website reflects the personal opinions, viewpoints and analyses of the Ascend Investment Partners employees providing such comments and should not be regarded as a description of advisory services provided by Kesler, Norman & Wride, LLC dba Ascend Investment Partners or performance returns of any Ascend Investment Partners Investments client. The views reflected in the commentary are subject to change at any time without notice. Nothing on this website constitutes investment advice, performance data or any recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. Any mention of a particular security and related performance data is not a recommendation to buy or sell that security. Ascend Investment Partners manages its clients’ accounts using a variety of investment techniques and strategies, which are not necessarily discussed in the commentary. Investments in securities involve the risk of loss. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Ascend Investment Partners provides links for your convenience to websites produced by other providers or industry related material. Accessing websites through links directs you away from our website. Ascend Investment Partners is not responsible for errors or omissions in the material on third party websites, and does not necessarily approve of or endorse the information provided. Users who gain access to third party websites may be subject to the copyright and other restrictions on use imposed by those providers and assume responsibility and risk from use of those websites.
To Get Started Click Here
Sign Up for Email to stay in touch